Cyberpunk 2077 developer apologizes and offers to refund game errors

Cyberpunk 2077 developer apologizes and offers to refund game errors

The maker of Cyberpunk 2077, one of the most anticipated video games of the year, apologized on Monday and offered refunds to players who were disappointed with the game’s performance, after days of complaints about bugs and poor visuals on some platforms after its release last week.

CD Projekt Red, the Warsaw-based developer, said in Declaration Signed by founder Marcin Iwinski and others, he lamented that the game had not been shown to run on base models of last-generation consoles prior to its release last week, thus negating the opportunity for players to make informed purchase decisions.

“We should have paid more attention to getting it to play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One,” the company said. The game, which sells for $ 59.99, is also playable on the latest generations of those devices, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, as well as on PC and Stadia, Google’s streaming game service.

Cyberpunk 2077, repeatedly postponed, is an action, adventure and role-playing game set in a mega-city full of crime. Players take on the role of V, a mercenary outlaw in search of an implant that will bring immortality. The game also features some star power: “Matrix” actor Keanu Reeves portrays a character in the game.

Complaints about the game’s performance began shortly after its release on Thursday. Players have taken to social media to express their frustration over error messages and other performance issues.

In its statement, CD Projekt Red pledged to fix bugs and malfunctions that turned gameplay. The company said that a round of updates will arrive during the next week, followed by bigger corrections in January and February.

READ  Britain's Got the Talent: BLM's Diversity routine now has over 10,000 complaints from Ofcom

“Together, this should work to fix the most significant issues players face on last-generation game consoles,” the company said, adding that replaying the game was also an option.

The company said, “We would be grateful if you gave us a chance, but if you are not satisfied with the game on your console and do not want to wait for updates, you can choose to retrieve your copy.”

CD Projekt Red did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.

Before the game started, the excitement was building up. On Friday, the developer said it had received Eight million pre-orders And that 59 percent of those sales For PC users with the remaining 41 percent purchased for consoles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *