Active cases have improved in recent days. Since the report one week ago, active infections at the county level have decreased by 554.
There are now 511 active cases in the Southern District and 182 in Lethbridge. This represents a decrease of 101 and 50 respectively from the same time last week.
The unfortunate part of today’s update is another 25 Alberta deaths from COVID-19 with 11 in the Calgary area, nine in the Edmonton area, two each in the central and northern regions, and one in the southern region. To date, the virus has claimed the lives of 815 Alberta.
The person was in the southern region of Medicine Hat.
At the county level, 759 patients are currently hospitalized and 141 admitted in intensive care.
With another 19,538 tests completed in the past 24 hours, a total of 2,601,802 tests were completed among 1,600,211 different people.
The regional distribution of COVID-19 in Alberta is as follows:
- Edmonton Area – 37,575 cases, of which 9376 are active
- 405 deaths (new nine)
- 415 in hospital and 83 in intensive care
- Calgary Region – 34,218 cases, of which 6,971 are active
- 267 deaths (11 new deaths)
- 221 in hospital and 42 in intensive care
- The northern area – 5,800 cases, of which 1,201 are active
- 59 deaths (two new)
- 33 are in hospital, and seven are in the intensive care unit
- Central District – 5,072 cases, 1,473 active cases
- 30 deaths (two new)
- 75 are in hospital and five are in the intensive care unit
- Southern area – 4,703 cases, 511 active
- 53 deaths (new one)
- 16 are in hospital, and four are in the intensive care unit
The division of the southern health zone according to society is as follows:
- Brooks – 1,330 cases (six new), 39 active, 14 deaths
- Lethbridge – 1,311 cases (six new), 182 active, seven deaths
- West Lethbridge – 489 cases, 52 active, and 2 deaths
- North Lethbridge – 411 cases (three new cases), 79 active cases, two deaths
- South Lethbridge – 411 cases (three new cases), 51 active, three deaths
- Lethbridge County – 402 cases (four new), 44 active, three deaths
- Medicine Hat – 397 cases (new case), 78 active cases, six deaths (one new case)
- MD from Taber – 296 cases (new case), 21 active cases, six deaths
- Cardston County – 241 cases (six new), 55 active, six deaths
- Warner County – 142 cases, six active, and two deaths
- County Newell – 136 cases (new case), 17 active cases, 2 deaths
- Cypress County – 135 cases, 11 active, no deaths
- Forty Mile County – 113 cases, one active case, two deaths
- MD from Pincher Creek – 89 cases (2 new), 37 active cases, 2 deaths
- Fort Macleod – 67 cases (three new), 16 active cases, three deaths
- Crowsnest Pass – Ten cases, three active cases, zero deaths
Avid music fanatic. Communicator. Social media expert. Award-winning bacon scholar. Alcohol fan.