Since its premiere in 2009, WhatsApp has become the most used messaging application in the world. With more than two billion users, the Facebook-owned app has become almost a necessity, both personal and business, that even the average person can sign up for. Ten groups between family, friends and work.
This situation has caused an increase in information that has led to problems with people’s mental health, especially in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, when this application has become very important to the “normal” functioning of society.
However, in addition to this, one must also talk about the huge number of files (Photos, videos, documents, gifs, stickers) that reached the cell phone last year and began, little by little, to fill the device’s memory; Unwanted files that take up a lot of space.
Of course, entering the chat by chatting and starting to delete the photo by photo and video by video is a tedious task that may take a lot of time, this does not guarantee to erase all the information that does not work (definitely one or another high photo will pass).
The concern for this need is that WhatsApp has ways to configure the entry of new information into the mobile phone, making sure that it is the user who decides Documents, photos, or videos are stored in the cell phone’s memory, not the device automatically.
For this reason, Infobae brings a guide so you can make changes to your WhatsApp account configuration and can be sure that only information that is really important to you is saved.
First of all, you have to select the two methods that WhatsApp uses to configure each profile in a custom way and thus prevent saving of “unwanted files on cell phone”. The first is an option Seeing multimedia files which can be modified as follows:
1. Enter the WhatsApp application.
2. In the upper right, the icon with three vertical dots should be located. Click on it and select the option “Settings“.
3. Within this menu, you should choose “ChatsThen disable the option.See the media file“.
Likewise, this process can be carried out through a particular conversation, to avoid that it is that conversation that floods the cell phone’s memory with unnecessary files. For this, you just have to follow these steps:
1. Enter the chat or group you want to create.
2. As in the previous tutorial, you must select the three vertical dots icon located in the upper right part of the conversation.
3. Now you have to choose the option”Contact viewIf you are in a one-on-one conversation orgroup infoIf you are in a group chat.
4. Then you should select the option “See the media fileFrom the options, chooseNo“Finally”Yeah“.
The second option that exists to prevent unwanted files from crashing the cell phone memory as much as possible is to cancel Auto Download:
1. Enter WhatsApp.
2. In the upper right, select the icon “session“Represented by the three dots vertically and pressing them”Settings“.
3. go to the ‘Storage and data“Go through the option”auto download“.
4. There you can configure which files can be downloaded using mobile data or over WiFi. It remains only to open each of these tools and remove Check for all options. This prevents files from being downloaded automatically, regardless of what type of network the cell phone is connected to.