Slack is now permitting you decide on when you get notifications on a per-day basis, meaning you can eventually quit obtaining Slack pings above the weekend.
Earlier, Slack allow you established when you ended up “available” to acquire notifications, but those preferences would also roll more than to the weekends. That meant you could get Slack distracting and needless notifications on your laptop or computer or cellphone when you were being savoring an otherwise lazy Sunday.
Now, even though, you are going to be able to established when you are comfortable receiving notifications but convert on a blanket no-notification coverage for weekends (or whichever times/instances work greatest for your program) if you want.
When you have notifications turned off, you are going to be in Slack’s Do Not Disturb (DND) manner, which means other users in your Slack workspace will see a little “z” on to the dot next to your name indicating your position. Although in DND, if you open Slack, you are going to continue to see pink badges on channels wherever you or a search phrase of yours is described and for any immediate messages, but you will not acquire a notification about those messages. (If they want to, even though, persons can nevertheless send you a notification although you are in DND by direct messaging you and forcing Slack to deliver one.)
If you want to additional finely-tune your Slack notifications, here’s how to do so.
On the desktop application:
- Click on the arrow near your Slack organization’s title, then mouse above “Pause notifications.” In the menu that pops up, simply click “Set a notification timetable.”
- In the menu that opens up, under the “Allow notifications” header, there will be a dropdown menu that allows you select if you want to allow for notifications just about every day, only on weekdays, or on a custom timetable. There are also dropdown menus to permit you decide what instances you are ok getting notifications.
On the mobile apps:
- Faucet the “You” icon on the considerably-proper of the toolbar, and then faucet “Notifications”
- In the Notifications menu, tap on “Notification Schedule.”
- Up coming, tap on “Allow notifications,” and you’ll be equipped to pick out if you want to get notifications every day, only on weekdays, or on a custom plan.
That’s it! And as soon as you have set up your tastes, they really should sync throughout your equipment. With any luck ,, customizing these settings can minimize the selection of notifications you get when you really do not want to get them, and you can delight in weekends free of charge of Slack notifications.
Lifelong foodaholic. Professional twitter expert. Organizer. Award-winning internet geek. Coffee advocate.