Not so long ago, the 2021 calendar was officially approved, but now it is clear that drivers will not complete it in that order. Lawrence Stroll has confirmed that the Australian Grand Prix will be postponed.
The 2020 season has been turned upside down after the Melbourne race was suddenly canceled before the first training session. The organization absolutely wants to prevent the same situation from occurring in 2021, so it is reported that it has already made the decision. Rumors have been circulating that the Australian Grand Prix has been postponed for some time, but have now been confirmed by Stroll, owner of Aston Martin F1 Team. He confirmed this during a press conference for his team, which had been given a completely new look for the new season.
“Melbourne has not been officially announced, but it will soon be canceled – it has not been canceled but has been postponed. We will go there sometime in the fall and the first race will be held in Bahrain,” Stroll said. The race will take place on March 28th, which could theoretically mean winter tests be postponed as well. These shows are currently scheduled to take place from March 1 to 3 in Barcelona, but could also take place in Bahrain later in the month.
It remains to be seen how the rest of the season will go. The Grand Prix of China will be in danger, too. So Stroll believes that there are a number of challenging months ahead. “There is a light at the end of the tunnel with the pollen. I think the first few races will be a little challenging. But Formula 1 management and the FIA, I really take off my hat in organizing 17 races as they do. Last year in 23 weeks. This went without really big problems, in a way.” Very moving. I think the worst is behind us and last year we learned how to continue this year, ”Al Kindy said.