Michael and his brother Jordi found it difficult to understand their mother’s death. Since his mom always enjoyed the fireworks spectacle Maikel displayed during the end of the year, he wanted to fire some torches on New Years Eve as well. “I’ve just asked not to light the fireworks,” Father Patrick told Het Laatste Nieuws.
Something went wrong while launching the arrows. According to the police, one of the flares exploded. Maikel went to see exactly what went wrong and at that moment fireworks exploded in his face. According to his brother, Michael was cut more than seven meters away when the fireworks unexpectedly exploded. Emergency services arrived immediately, but the help was no longer helpful. “An artery was injured in his neck and it was fatal,” said Father Patrick. On Thursday, he will say goodbye to his son with family and some friends.
His father describes the accident as incomprehensible. Sometimes things go wrong, but his son always managed to solve it correctly and safely. According to relatives, the fire came from a Bulgarian online store. There he would buy his shares every year.
People are highly criticized on social media. He described the incident as “reckless and irresponsible.”
Update of the most important news every day during lunch.
E-mail address is not valid. Please fill in again.
Zombie specialist. Friendly twitter guru. Internet buff. Organizer. Coffee trailblazer. Lifelong problem solver. Certified travel enthusiast. Alcohol geek.