DJI, the world-renowned Chinese scrapers manufacturer, has announced the scraperDJI Mavic 3, the latest generation in the Mavic glider series that combines a 20MP Hasselblad camera, with support for up to 5.1K video capture, a 12MP telephoto camera with up to 28x zoom and a special cinematic version, with the same glider capable of delivering a flight time of up to 46 Accurate and transmitting range up to 15 km.
The Mavic 3 skimmer replaces the company’s previous pair of Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro skimmers, when the early leak was revealed, it came with Hasselblad’s L2D-20c imaging system with a 20/4″ 4/3″ main pixel sensor. , capable of capturing video at up to 5.1K resolution, and a 12-megapixel 12-megapixel secondary sensor designed for zoom up to 28x.
The new glider comes in two versions, a Mavic 3 Standard Edition and a “cinematic” Mavic 3 Cine Edition, intended for the most professional photographers. The Cine Edition differs from the regular model in only 3 things: built-in SSD storage of 1TB instead of just 8GB, support for professional video shooting in the Apple ProRes 422 HQ format and the DJI RC Pro controller that comes with the glider and includes a built-in display unlike the remote control After the standard RC-N1 on the base model.
>> Join Gadgeti’s Telegram channel
A better look at the Mavic 3 planer’s dual-camera array shows us the upgraded shooting capabilities:
- The Hasselblad main camera comes with a shooting angle of 84 degrees and an aperture switch from f/2.8 to f/11, and is capable of capturing 20MP still photos and shooting video up to 5.1K at 50 fps or up to 4K at 120 fps .
- The secondary telephoto camera comes with a much narrower shooting angle of 15 degrees, with a fixed f/4.4 aperture key, and is capable of capturing 12-megapixel still photos and shooting video at up to 4K resolution at 30 frames per second, with 4x optical zoom Hybrid zoom up to 28 times.
The skimmer comes in the familiar Mavic Series foldable, compact chassis, with the standard version weighing 895 grams while the Cine version weighs slightly more at 899 grams. Either way, the 5,000mAh battery can leave the glider in the air for up to 46 minutes.
The new generation of skimmers combines the latest technology from DJI, including OcuSync 3 Broadcast+ technology, capable of transmitting 1080p video up to 15 km, RTH’s advanced and intelligent technology for independent recovery from the ‘home’ skimmer, APAS 5.0 technology for a safe flight with Avoid obstacles with a variety of glider sensors and ActiveTrack 5.0 technology for automatic target tracking.
The DJI Mavic Skimmer is available for sale in 3 packs:
- PackageMavic 3 standard Priced at $2,199, includes scraper, single battery, RC-N1 wireless remote control, and additional accessories.
- PackageMavic 3 fly more Priced at $2999 which includes the scraper, three batteries, battery charging holder, ND filter assembly for photography, RC-N1 wireless remote control and other accessories.
- PackageDJI Mavic 3 Cinema Premium Priced at $4,999 that includes a built-in 1TB SSD hard disk scraper with ProRes 422 HQ imaging support, three batteries, a battery charging cradle, two sets of imaging ND filters, a DJI RC Pro remote control and other accessories.
Lifelong foodaholic. Professional twitter expert. Organizer. Award-winning internet geek. Coffee advocate.