If the heat does not kill your desire to learn and you want to take advantage of these summer days to immerse yourself in a subject, Gaining a new skill or improving the skills you already hadAt Genbeta, we can give you a helping hand.
We have compiled a list of 31 free online courses taught by teachers from institutions and universities primarily from Spain and Latin America, but also from the rest of the world. All courses are in Spanish (or they have subtitles), and you just need to create an account on the platform where it is offered to start learning.
Note: All courses are free, in some cases core subjects are open or full courses can be taken in audit mode, there is even a possibility to request financial assistance on platforms such as Coursera. Testimonials and only certain items such as reviews or additional support have a cost.
- Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence: A course at Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn the conceptual foundations of artificial intelligence from a philosophical perspective, with its ethical and social implications.
- Machine Learning and Data Science: A course from the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the basics of machine learning and data science. In particular, you will learn techniques for evaluating the performance of obtained algorithms and models.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Key Algorithms – A course at Galileo University in which you will learn how the artificial intelligence algorithms that make chat sites, autonomous cars, voice recognition, and more work.
- Data Cleaning for Natural Language Processing: A course at the University of Austral in which you gain the knowledge necessary to extract, clean and prepare various data sources to be included in the NLP process.
- Predictive Models Using Machine Learning: A course from Anahuac University Network in which you will learn the basics of machine learning and how to create prediction, regression, and classification models with the help of Python.
- Deep Learning: A network course from Anahuac University where you will learn what a neural network is, how to create a neural network, and train a neural network with a set of images.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things: A course at Galileo University in which you will learn to analyze the “things” and connections that make up the Internet of Things, build sensor and actuator systems using microcontrollers, design and build IoT models, and more.
- Basic Algorithm: A course from Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn the basics of computational thinking, data structures and the basic principles of programming with application in business.
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity: A Practical Approach: A course from IDB and Calos III University in Madrid where you will learn key concepts about threats, techniques and tools applied in computer forensics, reverse engineering processes and tools, types, malware characteristics, advanced persistent threats and vulnerability management along with penetration testing .
- Getting Started with Machine Learning in Spanish: A Google Cloud Training Course in which you will learn to identify why deep learning is so prevalent today, teach you to improve and evaluate models, mitigate common problems, and create repeatable and scalable data sets for training, assessment and testing.
Introduction to IT Project Management: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid where you will learn about procedures, methods and techniques aimed at managing software projects, including communications and PMBOK.
Computer Security: Defending Against the Digital Dark Arts – A Google course in which you will learn how different encryption algorithms and techniques work, different systems and types of authentication, the difference between authentication and authorization, how to assess potential risks and recommend ways around risk reduction, best practices for securing a network, and how to help others To understand the concepts of safety and protect themselves.
- Introduction to Linux as a System Development Environment: A course at the Polytechnic University of Madrid in which you will acquire the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge to start using the LINUX / UNIX operating system, together with a basic set of network tools and services, such as a supportive environment for developing software applications.
- Managing IT Infrastructure Services and Systems – A Google training course where you will learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, large and small, running from a single computer to an entire fleet.
- bash – linux shell. Learn from the Beginning: A free course on Udemy where you’ll learn how to get and install Linux, understand the structure and installation of Linux commands, manage your files and folders, all the tools the command interpreter provides, and more.
- You and Operating Systems: Becoming a Power User – A Google course where you’ll learn the key components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks such as managing software and users and configuring hardware.
- Technical Assistance Basics: A Google course that introduces you to the world of IT or IT. You will learn about different aspects of information technology such as computer hardware and software, the Internet, troubleshooting, and customer service.
- Bits and Bytes for Computer Networking – A Google training course on the basics of modern networking technologies and protocols for an overview of the cloud, practical applications, and network troubleshooting.
- Windows Server 2012 and Linux Ubuntu Server for Beginners: Free course on Udemy where you will learn how to use VirtualBox to virtualize operating systems, how to install Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server, basic manipulation, and installation of services and roles on servers.
- Designing intranet management information systems using Microsoft Access: A course at Universidad del Rosario in which you will learn how to create professional databases and intermediate information systems for the intranet and thus make business decisions, using this application from Microsoft, without the need for knowledge of programming languages.
- Customer-Centred IT Strategy: A course at the University of Virginia where you will learn to use the Canvas business model to drive your company’s strategy and quickly prototype strategic-aligned operations to implement in your IT infrastructure.
- Robotics: A course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn how to assemble and move a robot as well as control it with your mobile phone, applying basic knowledge of mechanics, electrical, electronics and programming.
- Introduction to Device Design with Verilog: A course from Galileo University in which you will learn about Verilog Device Description Language and model and model devices with it.
- Audio Coding: Beyond MP3: A course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn about audio digitization and compression, audio standards and compression types, MPEG standards, advanced audio codecs and their evaluation.
- Spatial and 3D sound: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia where you will learn about the main spatial sound reproduction systems, such as 5.1, WFS or binaural systems.
- Electrons at Work: Electronics and Arduinos for Your Inventions: A course from the Pontifical Catholic University of China in which you will receive an introduction to electronics and Arduinos, starting with the basics of an electrical circuit and ending with designing low-complexity circuits using programming electronic devices.
- Introduction to Solar PV: PV Module: A course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you learn to know PV modules, the most important component of PV installations and the only devices capable of converting photovoltaic energy directly from the sun into continuous electrical energy.
- Digital Systems: From Logic Gates to the Processor: A course at the Autonomous University of Barcelona where you will learn the basics of current digital circuit design, how to design digital systems of medium complexity, and understand the workings of their computers. The basic level (machine language), as well as its embodiment and interpretation through algorithmic digital systems.
- Automated Control: Invisible Technology: A course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn to recognize the utility and main characteristics of control systems, and to distinguish between an open loop control system and a closed loop control system.
- Design, Build and Program Your Own Robot: A course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia where you will learn how to design, build and program your own robot (DYOR: Do Your Your Robot) using Arduino and get started in the Maker world.
- AC Electrical Circuits: A course from Galileo University in which you will learn about the analysis of AC resistive circuits, and the basics of electrical installations.
Lifelong foodaholic. Professional twitter expert. Organizer. Award-winning internet geek. Coffee advocate.