The basics in a nutshell
Many of us use WhatsApp daily to stay in touch with others and exchange ideas with them on a regular basis.
There is now also a practical broadcast function, with which we can not only update several contacts at the same time – we can also use them to find out who has already saved our cell phone number.
Do you also use WhatsApp daily to communicate with your loved ones, acquaintances or colleagues? Then you might have asked yourself who among your contacts also has your number. Here we will tell you a simple trick that you can use to find out who saved you.
Anyone using WhatsApp messenger can quickly and easily communicate with family, friends or colleagues. All we need is the corresponding number to stay in touch with others and be able to send news, photos or videos. If you want to know who among your contacts also has your saved cell phone number, you can find out using the broadcast function.
In the clip, we show you the WhatsApp trick: This way you can find out who saved your number
WhatsApp: This is how you can find out who saved your number
Are you curious about who has saved you in their contact list? Unfortunately, WhatsApp doesn’t yet have a clear menu or option that tells you this right away. But with the broadcast feature, you can still see who has saved your number among your contacts. Below we’ll show you how to do this for Apple and Android devices.
And this is how Apple devices work:
Using the broadcast feature, you can not only send a message to multiple contacts at the same time, but you can also see who has added you to their WhatsApp contact list. It’s easy with these steps:
- In WhatsApp, you will find the “Broadcast” option in “Chats” at the top left of the screen. Click on it and then click on “New List”.
- Under Recipients, select a contact that you know has saved your phone number.
- Now add another contact to the list who would like to know whether they have your number or not.
- Click “Create” in the top right bar. Your broadcast on WhatsApp will now be created and the corresponding chat page will open.
- Write a test message and send it to the people you’ve already selected.
- Allow two to three hours to give contacts enough time to read the message you sent. You can then check the status of your message using the Info button. More on this below.
- If your contact is listed under “Read by,” it looks like they have already saved your cell phone number. However, if the person appears under Delivered To, they likely won’t be in their contact list and therefore won’t be able to see your message.
When checking your sent message, keep in mind that some people are rarely active on WhatsApp. They may then need more time to read the message than others.
How to do this with Android devices:
If you have an Android device, you can find out who has saved you in their contact list with these eight easy steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app, then under “Chats,” tap the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select “New Broadcast,” which should now open your contacts list.
- Select at least one contact who you know has saved your phone number.
- Now add other contacts you would like to know if they have your number too.
- Tap the check mark in the green circle in the lower right corner. The broadcast is now created and the associated chat page opens.
- Write a test message and send it to the contacts you’ve already selected – just tap the send button.
- Allow two to three hours to give people enough time to read your message. You can then check the status of your sent message using the Info button. More on this below.
- If your contact is listed under “Read by,” it appears they have saved your cell phone number. However, if the person appears under Delivered To, they likely won’t be in their contact list and won’t be able to see your message.
This is how you can know if and when your WhatsApp message has been read
You’ve probably noticed the check marks at the bottom right of a message on WhatsApp: they symbolize whether the recipient has received and read your message. You can find out the meaning of the colors of WhatsApp hooks from here. However, if you want to know the exact time your message will be delivered and read, you can do so using the Info button. Below we’ll tell you how this works.
For Apple devices, there are two ways you can find out message information on WhatsApp:
- Swipe your sent message from right to left to see when it was delivered and read by the other person.
- Alternatively, click the relevant message and wait for the pop-up menu to appear. Under the “Information” option, you can now see when the message was received and viewed.
If you have an Android device, you must tap and hold the message you sent until the menu appears. Click on the three dots and then click on “Information” at the top right of the screen. Now you can see if and when your message was received and read.
Please note that this information can only be viewed in private chats if the contact has read receipts activated. However, in group chats and broadcasts, you can see information from all recipients.
Also interesting: WhatsApp has a period of 120 days: you need to take this into account so that your data is not deleted. WhatsApp: search for messages and photos – it works in a few seconds. Are you looking for WhatsApp greetings for the weekend 2023 and a beautiful start to the week? We show the best images and sayings. New WhatsApp feature: Here we will tell you how we may soon be able to send video messages via WhatsApp!
Lifelong foodaholic. Professional twitter expert. Organizer. Award-winning internet geek. Coffee advocate.