LAS VEGAS – MMA Junkie was on scene and gave a live report from the official UFC Friday on ESPN + 35 fighter weights, with everyone who went into the scales weighed without a problem.
The weight operations took place at UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The same venue hosts the Saturday Card, which airs on ESPN +.
Among those who weighed their weight were Michelle Watterson (8-17 MMA, 5-4 UFC) and Angela Hale (12-8 MMA, 7-8 UFC), who met in the women’s hay weight main event, and Ottman Azaitar (12-0 MMA, 1–0 UFC) and Khama Worthy (16-6 MMA, 2–0 UFC), who both fight in lightweight.
All four made weight without a problem.
However, Matt Schnell (14-5 MMA, 4-3 UFC) wasn’t so lucky, as he suffered medical problems while lowering his weight and seeing his rivalry with Naam Tyson (19-11-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) scratched without either. Fighter made it on a grand scale.
The full UFC Weight Scores on ESPN + 35 include:
Master Card (ESPN +, 8 p.m. ET)
- Michelle Watterson (115) Angela Hill (115.5)
- Othman Aziz (156) vs Khama Wurthy (155.5)
- Andrea Lee (125.5) vs Roxanne Modafiri (125)
- Ed Herman (205.5) vs Mike Rodriguez (205.5)
- Bobby Green (156) Alan Patrick (156)
- Kyle Nelson (145.5): Billy Quarantillo (145.5)
Initial Card (ESPN +, 5 p.m. ET)
- Julia Avila (135) vs Segara Obanx (135)
- Kevin Crum (154.5) vs Roosevelt Roberts (155.5)
- Rocky Martinez (258.5) versus Alexander Romanov (261)
- Interlace Turner (163.5) vs. Brooke Weaver (164)
- Brian Barberina (170) vs Anthony Ivey (169.5)
- Justin Kish (125.5) vs Sabina Mazu (125.5)
Tv fanatic. Freelance thinker. Social media enthusiast. Total bacon lover. Communicator.