Prince Harry and Meghan Markle canceled a fundraising campaign from Invictus Games that was to be shown on Amazon after signing a $ 150 million deal with Netflix.
The couple had been planning to host a California musical and comedy event in June 2021 with stars including Beyonce and Ed Sheeran among the big names discussed to attend.
But now, according to Sunday times, have been cancelled.
The cancellation comes right after the Netflix deal has been signed.
Sunday times He said the problem arose because the event was to be streamed by Amazon – Netflix’s competitor.
The newspaper added that officials at Invictus were “stunned” when Prince Harry and Meghan’s lawyers called to tell them the news.
RELATED: Megan and Harry Risky Big Netflix Deal
A source told the newspaper: “He looks really bad and everyone in Invictus is broken.
Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forward until a few weeks ago.
“This was a big moment for Invictus where the pot is so empty, and it left them in a difficult position. Harry needs to pull his finger to find another way to raise money for them.”
A spokesperson for Invictus said: “The event has been postponed because the main source of revenue was ticket sales from a live concert in Los Angeles in the spring of 2021.
“ Given the current conditions with COVID, the event had to be reimagined.
“This was an independent decision made prior to partnering with Netflix. The Duke remains as committed to Invictus Games as ever.”
Meanwhile, it was revealed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could set aside up to $ A150 million after signing a mega deal with the broadcast platform.
Before signing with Netflix, Harry and Meghan had conversations with Disney and Apple, New York times Reports.
Two executives participating in the discussions claimed that representatives of the couple wanted to secure a deal worth about $ A150 million, according to the US newspaper.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have never produced a TV show, will be producing documentaries, films, script programs, and children’s programs in the new partnership.
The historic Netflix deal comes after Harry was filmed last year apparently to lay the groundwork for his Disney wife’s voiceover contract.
He was heard revealing Meghan Markle’s interest in Disney boss Bob Iger at the London premiere the king lion Last July.
Last month, Sussex was also reported to have held talks with NBCUniversal.
The Invictus Games have been postponed this year due to the pandemic.
The Duke described the decision as “very difficult” but “the most reasonable and safest option”.
RELATED: What could Megan and Harry shoot into a Netflix deal?
The 2020 Games were to be held in The Hague from May 9-16.
Organizers said the competition will likely be rescheduled to May or June 2021.
The postponement is a blow to Prince Harry who created the games in 2014 after taking inspiration from the American warrior games.
Injured veterans from 20 countries are seen competing in nine sports including wheelchair basketball, sit-up volleyball and indoor rowing.
In a video posted online, Harry said: “This was a very difficult decision for us all to make. This decision was the most rational and the safest option.
“I know how disappointed you all are. This is the focus that many of you need. I would encourage you to maintain that focus as best you can.”
Netflix and Amazon were contacted for comment.
RELATED: Harry and Meghan’s volatile charity movement exposed
Before their Megabucks Netflix deal, it was reported that the couple had a deal with Spotify worth millions to produce exclusive podcasts.
The production company is understood to operate differently from Archewell, the Sussexes charity.
Last month, Harry and Meghan officially changed their trademark Sussex Royal to MWX Corporation, reportedly.
This story originally appeared on The Sun and is reproduced here with permission
Evil tv scholar. Proud twitter aficionado. Travel ninja. Hipster-friendly zombie fanatic.