The New York Giants entered Philadelphia on Thursday night with the Eagles having lost 11 of their last 12 encounters. They hadn’t beaten the Eagles in Philadelphia in seven years.
In a nationally televised match between two troubled-level teams vying for second place in NFC East, the Giants nearly knocked out the Schneids but were unable to make a five-point lead with less than five minutes to play.
The final was 22-21 in favor of Philadelphia. The Giants (1-6) again shot themselves in the foot throughout the match, dropping passes, missing blocks and committing undisciplined penalties.
It wasn’t a pretty game by any means. Even the game’s most spectacular play was a failure. Midfielder Daniel Jones showed his legs again but couldn’t close the deal as he hit the grass and caught it.
Daniel Jones. 80 yards run.
– NFL (NFL) October 23, 2020
This season has been a nightmare for Giant fans and this game will be a typical loss for this franchise that has become a funny stock. They have won only 13 of their last 55 matches.
It’s ugly as it has ever been here. Instead of ending the night in second place, they might find themselves last if Washington defeats Dallas on Sunday.
It wouldn’t be so bad if they lost this match to the Eagles, who were in full swing.
- Jones’ 80-yard race is officially the longest by a midfielder in the history of the franchise.
- Sterling Shepherd regained wide receiver to the squad after missing four toe matches. He caught six of the eight targets for 69 yards and landed.
- Devonta Freeman left the match in the fourth quarter with an ankle injury and was spoken by Wayne Gallman, who put in a great performance (10 bursts at 34 yards and a TD; five receptions for 20 yards).
- Rookie Andrew Thomas, who struggled all season, left perhaps his worst game of his short NFL career. It’s been rotated like the top by the Eagles’ defenders all stretching for a long time, and have succumbed to countless pressures, QB strikes and losses handlers.
Tv fanatic. Freelance thinker. Social media enthusiast. Total bacon lover. Communicator.