Formula 1 president Stefano Domenicali bounces off the Grand Prix weekend of two days in the future. According to the Italian, the sport must respect that the organizers want a “complete experience” for the audience.
The idea of a two-day Grand Prix weekend was brought up to make the ever-expanding calendar less severe. According to the plan, free training, qualifying and racing will take place on Saturday and Sunday and thus Friday will be canceled.
Also read: Domenicali: The Sprint winner gets center stage behind his name
For Formula 1 President Stefano Domenicali, it’s already a closed case. In a video clip from F1.com Dominicali makes an exception for two-day Grand Prix weekends. “All the organizers want a complete experience for the people and the public, and we have to respect that,” says the Formula 1 president.
Last year, Formula 1 actually got an unplanned preview of the two-day Grand Prix weekend. The Grand Prix of Eifel, held in the Nürburgring, on Friday was without motion due to bad weather.
Read also: Parabolica: “Jos Verstappen told me: We are there and we will stay there” + WIN ACTION!
Dominicali provided more answers to questions in the F1.com video. For example, he sees it happening that Formula 1 will return to Africa for a race in five years, and he hopes to be a Formula 1 driver in ten years and predicts a second race in the United States in three years. In the calendar.
Tv fanatic. Freelance thinker. Social media enthusiast. Total bacon lover. Communicator.