- When performing an update, the developers of the Solana OptiFi trading platform mistakenly enabled self-destruction. The record is offline now.
- As a result, the total locked value (TVL) of the platform, which is $661,000, is permanently locked.
- These are stable USDC coins from user accounts or open trades. However, the OptiFi team has already announced a full Refund to start.
- The error was due to a misunderstanding of the Solana software code.
- According to a report from the developers, one of the team members accidentally started the “Shutdown Solana Program” command. This works like Solana’s “lock switch”, which is similar to programmed self-destruction of the protocol’s mainnet.
- Previously, the developers tried to stop the update due to heavy traffic in Solana. Here a second copy of OptiFi was created, which one wanted to delete again using the “solana program close” command.
- The developers themselves stated that they “were not entirely clear about what exactly this means for the protocol”.
- Additionally, OptiFi recommended that those responsible for the Solana blockchain “add a warning for using the software command in the documentation.”
- It seems that many developers at Solana are unaware of the consequences of this. OptiFi had to experience first-hand how expensive this is.
Looking to buy Solana (SOL)?
This is possible via eToro, among other things. eToro offers investors, from novices to experts, a comprehensive crypto trading experience on a powerful and easy-to-use platform. We took a closer look at eToro.
To review the eToro
Lifelong foodaholic. Professional twitter expert. Organizer. Award-winning internet geek. Coffee advocate.