ABU DHABI – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting live from Friday’s early and formal UFC on ESPN+ 30 fighter weigh-ins, the place all 22 fighters hit their marks devoid of situation.
In the most important event, Deiveson Figueiredo (18-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) normally takes on Joseph Benavidez (28-6 MMA, 15-4 UFC) in a rematch for the vacant flyweight title. The two fought in February in Virginia, the place Figueiredo knocked Benavidez out in the 2nd round. But he was not suitable to acquire the vacant belt simply because he skipped body weight.
This time all over, there won’t be any drama linked to the scale. Figueiredo came in at 125 lbs . on the nose for the title battle, as did Benavidez.
In the co-function, Kelvin Gastelum (16-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) satisfies Jack Hermansson (20-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) in a middleweight bout. Gastelum has experienced his individual issues on the scale in the previous, but was 186 lbs . devoid of issue Friday. Hermansson was 186, as perfectly.
The early weigh-ins took position at the Flash Forum in at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. UFC on ESPN+ 30 can take location Wednesday at the exact same location. The card airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 30 weigh-in success incorporated:
Major CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Joseph Benavidez (125) – for vacant flyweight title
- Kelvin Gastelum (186) vs. Jack Hermansson (186)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
- Luana Carolina (126) vs. Ariane Lipski (126)
- Askar Askarov (126) vs. Alexandre Pantoja (125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Roman Dolidze (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206)
- Grant Dawson (150) vs. Nad Narimani (150) – 150-pound catchweight
- Joel Alvarez (156) vs. Joe Duffy (155.5)
- Montel Jackson (136) vs. Brett Johns (136)
- Amir Albazi (136) vs. Malcolm Gordon (135)
- Davi Ramos (156) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (156)
- Carlos Felipe (261) vs. Serghei Spivac (240)